Dermatologist recommended Moisturizer for Acne!

So, I mentioned in my previous post about my visit to dermatologist and the face wash she recommended for severe acne. The skincare routine that she recommended me also consisted of a moisturizer. A very mild drugstore moisturizer, Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel. I have using it for a month now, and here is my review of the same. 

Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel : 


best moisturizer for acne prone skin




Claims : 
  1. Panthenol supports the healing of acne lesions.
  2. Hyaluronic acid increases the moisturizing binding capacity of the skin.
  3. Aloe barbadensis soothes irritated skin.
  4. The pH value of 5.5 biologically inhibits the growth of acne bacteria.
  5. Allantoin smoothes rough scaly skin.
  6. No oils and emulsifiers.
  7. No perfume.
  8. No colorants.
Ingredients:
Aqua, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Propylene Glycol, Glycine, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol

                                                Acne Moisturizer Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

My experience :

As per its claim, It is truly Oil Free, since it is a gel. Its not like a cream or lotion, It is pure gel consistency. When I first started using it, I felt that is not moisturizing enough since it wasn't giving that shiny effect. But then gradually I realized that it works by hydrating the skin, perfect for oily skin. My skin absorbs it immediately and it gives a hydrating smooth and matte effect. I have used other oil free moisturizers, but nothing compares to this one. Though this is on the expensive side, its worth it. You just need a little amount of the product as it spreads very easily. I apply it on my slightly damp skin.

Since I am always concerned about the pH of skincare products, this gel moisturizer wins as it has a pH of 5.5, which is perfect for skin. If you want to make your own DIY toner that balances skin pH, check this out.


Since I am on the acne clearing regime, which dries out my skin a lot, this gel balances out the dryness and keeps my skin hydrated all the time. Moreover, this product did not react badly to my skin or break me out, instead even toned my skin to an extent. 

Verdict: 

The gel is perfect for everyday use, mainly for oily skin beauties like me. Dry skin people might not want to opt for this as it is a mild moisturizer specially for acne prone, oily and irritated skin.

If you're suffering with acne from a long time, and are not able to get rid of it, Check my best 5 acne clearing tips, that has helped me transform my skin magically...! 

Comments

  1. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or 
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease 
    #fibroid 
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Clear Acne Overnight ? My 5 Favourite Hacks !!!

Best face wash for sensitive acne prone skin | No face wash method

Still fighting acne ? Here's why you are not winning ...